Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Great Debate

My poor child! Connor has an internal battle inside him that is fueled by his mother and the world around him, as he knows it. Does he choose his loyalty to his mom and her favorite NBA team (the Portland Trailblazers), or does he get sucked into the hype of having a great NBA home team right here in Houston and join his friends in the Rocket craze? I do my best to put lots of pressure on him, but I am fairly certain after this birthday party that I am loosing the battle... thanks Cris!


A friend of ours works for the Houston Rockets. As if it is not bad enough to have to put up with all the Rocket trash talk he likes to dish out to me... or the multiple Rocket playoff shirts he so kindly gave me last season (to which I almost got thrown out of the family this last summer when I was seen sleeping in one!) this van pulls into the driveway blaring jams from its speakers. Clutch (the Rockets team mascot) jumps out of the back spraying silly string and streamers, blowing loud horns, and giving hugs and high fives galore. The kids all went nuts!


Clutch has Connor in a head lock!

Trenty (the birthday boy) and Eli.

Connor with his good buddy Spencer (the other birthday boy).

Clutch came and played party games with the kids, put on a magic show, individually took pictures and autographed his newest Clutch story book for each of the kids and gave them all Rockets hats. The kids loved it!

And in case you think this is just some joe-schmoe inside that costume... you are wrong! Apparently there is a "one and only" who does Clutch and this is the REAL DEAL, baby! ;)

The whole gang.

Although Dallin was at the party... he quite frankly would rather pick his nose than have anything to do with Clutch! He told me earlier that he was more of a Blaze the Trail Cat fan! ;)


GO BLAZERS! :)

3 comments:

Chulitamaya said...

What a party, mine are not as exciting :( Seems like he loves the Rockets Tiffany, sorry :)

Kel said...

Oh, you know how much I love the Blazers.

Go Rockets! Or Mavs! Or Spurs! :) Fun party!

Cris said...

I'm so sorry being friends with us is causing your family such grief!:) At least you have Dallin who's more interested in what's inside his nose than the Rockets (for now at least). I'm so glad you guys came, it was a super fun day!

~kenna