Sunday, November 8, 2009

8th Day of Thanks

Today I was asked to substitute in the junior nursery at our church. This means I got to help out with the 18 month old children up to 2 year olds. As I sat in there I was amazed at how much work and effort goes into those small children. The other adults/teachers in there are AMAZING! They sang and danced with those children, played musical instruments for them, broke up fights and restored friendships, taught them that they are all children of God and have a Heavenly Father that loves them, laughed and played with them, prepared snacks and activities for them... and just put an amazing amount of effort into ensuring our little ones have fun, know they are loved by their teachers and their Heavenly Father, and keeping them all safe and happy. I do not have a child currently in the junior nursery, but I am thankful for these people... for their service to these little ones, and for knowing that in 3 months when Dallin will be in this class... he will be in excellent hands!

1 comment:

Chulitamaya said...

Amen sister you said it!!! That is a tough job. I am glad you had the opportunity to be there, that is one fun nursery I know because I was there for a little while.