Thursday, November 5, 2009

5th Day of Thanks

Thurs. November, 5:

I am thankful to have had the following interaction:

Today my doorbell rang at 8:30am. To my surprise it was our cute, little 4 year old neighbor asking if Eli could play outside with him. He is not normally home during the day since both his parents work. When I asked why he was home today, he responded with a sweet little smile on his face and a twinkle in his eye and said, "I crapped too much while I was at school and now they won't let me go back." I was a bit taken by his response. I did not know whether to laugh (which is what I wanted to do), or discipline because I know his parents would not have liked the fact that he just used the word 'crap'. I must have looked kind of confused because then he politely explained to me, "You know Miss Tiffany... I went POTTY too much!!" At this point I had to laugh. :)

2 comments:

Regan said...

That is so funny. I think I would have started laughing. What else could you do when a 4 year old says that?

Chulitamaya said...

So funny, I am always concerned that my kids will use the words that we use at home for going potty. The older ones know not to use them, but Aaron is still thinking it is OK to say "I need to caca" at church and in front of other people :)