Thursday, November 5, 2009

4th Day of Thanks

Wed. November 4th:
Today I had a meeting with Connor's teacher, vice principal, and speech therapist about Connor's speech therapy. Although I constantly worry over Connor's fluency and wonder if he will ever be able to speak without stuttering; I was happy to hear that the therapist thought that Connor was progressing enough to go from 3 speech sessions a week... down to two. I am so thankful at how far Connor has come! I am thankful to have help with Connor's condition and for the patience of teachers, friends, and family. As a mother this is an issue I am highly sensitive about. Nothing breaks my heart more than when I see a child (or an adult!) tease Connor over his speech. I am thankful Connor is a confident and resilient kid regardless of the stupidity of others and for the capabilities he does have! I think he is amazing!

1 comment:

Chulitamaya said...

Are serious? Adults tease him? That is way out of line and I hope you let them know that. I love Connor and I sometimes I don't even hear him stuttering. I think he is getting better. Victor had his speech issues and they were bad, you would not believe that he could not be understood at all by age 4, so I completely understand how you feel.