Sunday, November 8, 2009

6th Day of Thanks


Today on the 6th of November... I am especially grateful for my Grandma McKeehan. She is 97 today. She has been a wonderful grandmother... full of spunk and life! I will always remember sneaking stale, hard oatmeal cookies from her cookie jar, drinking the unlimited supply of flat 7-up that she had stored in her refrigerator, her undying loyalty to the Oregon State Beavers, her love for golf (and to this day she still tries to get me to take it up), being stuffed to the point that my stomach hurt and then being force fed more, the best Easter egg hunts ever, the amazing doll house she made for me from her own two hands, peanut butter sundaes, being taught and playing every card game under the sun, long walks just she and I, and most of all always knowing of her love for me. To this day every time I call her... I can hear the hope and anticipation in her voice that I am just around the corner and am planning on stopping by. I truly feel my grandmother has lived her life to the fullest. She shared over 75 years of marriage to the love of her life, she has traveled the world, she is educated, she has been able to rear, love, see and know children, grandchildren and many great grandchildren. My Grandmother is an amazing woman! I am blessed to have her in my life. This I know... and am VERY thankful for!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Chulitamaya said...

How sweet, I wish had a grandmother like that. You were such a cute little girl :)