Monday, November 30, 2009

28th Day of Gratitude

Note: this is the first day with the lights up... one window is not lit up as the lights already fell down. Since then... both have fallen down and the other cords have come looser in other places. Sadly, this pic was clearly taken at our house lights "peak performance". :)


Saturday I was grateful for lights! Growing up my parents never put lights up on the outside of the house. Inside the house was decorated more than any other house I know... from top to bottom, but for whatever reason my parents never did outside lights. I always felt like we were the ONLY house in the universe that did not have lights. As a result I have always told Seth that I want to have lights on our house. But every year we have not done it. Finally this year I convinced him to try it. We went out there together with our ladder and climbing on the roof. We were both pretty chicken and had no clue what we were doing which did not make for the best light-putting-up team. :) But eventually we got them up in a makeshift way. I even decorated the kids club house out back with lights... they love it! I have to admit that in comparison to our all our neighbors... our lights are humbling and a bit embarrassing. But I am trying not to let it bother me because the kids love them and we worked so hard on them. We already have to figure out something new as they have started falling down around our windows... but I am grateful that we at least attempted! :)

2 comments:

The Silly Witch said...

That is awesome! We have not yet attempted lights on the house, only the trees. I'll be checking yours out!

Scarcy Family said...

So, I drove by your parents house yesterday and guess what...they actually had some lights up. They have garland that is lit up along the banister. Not tons, but hey, it's something. Just thought you'd like to know!