Friday, November 27, 2009

26th day of Thanks

So although I am a totally bad Aunt and did not call my niece on her birthday... today, I am thankful for Ashley! I think she is turning 13 (which I can not believe!!) But I hold such a special place in my heart for little Ash. (okay maybe she is not so little anymore.) She was born at a time when I had no children of my own and I lived and breathed for my Ashley time as she was the first niece/nephew out of them all. I was able to live close to her parents the first 4 years of her life and as a result I was able to spend a lot of time with her. I have so many fond memories. I remember taking her on walks, going trick or treating with her, playing dress up, playing princess, taking her to the park, visiting the horses, babysitting her many times, her tattling that I let her watch Sesame Street one day (when she wasn't supposed to), dancing with her to music, holding her on my chest and sleeping with her through the night when she was only a few months old as her parents were gone over night on a get-away, and many more. I hate that I live so far away now... and that she has gotten so big with out me. But I love the beautiful young woman she is turning out to be. She has a very contagious smile that I love very much. Ashley... tell your mom and dad that you want to come and visit your Aunt Tissy (she is even the one who coined the name 'Tissy' that all my nieces and nephews call me now) for a week.. or a month... ! :) I love you sweet Ash, always know that!

No comments: