Wednesday, March 24, 2010

SPRING BREAK - DAY 4

So it's the fourth day and I now have pink eye, but of course my Doc is out of town for the rest of the week and can't see me until Monday. He prescribes me some eye drops without seeing my eye, but they don't seem to be doing a darned thing! My eye proceeds to get worse and I start feeling SUPER lousy (body ache, chills, head ache, sore throat).
Still determined to give the boys a fun spring break... but too embarrassed to go anywhere I can be "seen"... I took them to the duck pond (with sunglasses on) to walk the lake and feed the ducks as well as our own tummies. We enjoyed the sunshine and ate Happy Meals on the park bench. Turns out those ducks are NUTS over french fries! The boys highlight was when we saw a whole family of turtles laying out on the "island"; four big ones and two baby ones. My personal highlight was after we passed a personal trainer with three high school aged girls working out. Suddenly my boys wanted to show me right then and there (on the pathway in front of all the cars) how well they could do push-ups. (Their push-ups were quite the site to behold!) And I think Connor could do a total of three sit ups. Maybe next time we will skip the McDonald's and hit the gym?! ;)
Later that evening when Dad was home we decided to hit the zoo and see if it would be a little less crowded a couple days later and at night. WRONG! But after we had made the trek out there and after we had prepared our picnic dinner we (or should I say "I") was determined to go to the zoo! Eli had been begging and crying ever since Monday to see the "yions" and "raffs" (lions and giraffes). So we waited over an hour just to park the car and braved the crowded masses.

I thought the wagon would be a great idea with both the boys... but it was a nightmare to steer and pull among all the crowds!

Eli and Tiff at the petting zoo. I am pretty sure there was a goat behind us that must have ran out of the picture at the last second! :) (Tiff in her hat and shades that she wore everywhere the rest of the week... at dusk... or in stores... everyone thought I was a creeper, I am sure! ;)

We didn't get the whole zoo done before it closed but Eli was satisfied seeing his lions and giraffes among a few others. We love you boys!

No comments: