Wednesday, March 24, 2010

SPRING BREAK - DAY 1

So for Spring Break we had great plans of going camping with our neighbors for a few days as we explored caverns that were hundreds of feet under the ground and went on a fun drive thru animal safari only to then be followed by a few days in San Antonio to visit one my my BFF's and check out to Sea World. And then the puking started... followed by the fever, double ear infection, and the diarrhea. And soon all our plans were flushed down the toilet (literally). We were all heart broken so I vowed to do something "fun" with the kids everyday and to make the best of the break.
We attempted the zoo, but turned up our noses at the insane line backed up for what seemed like miles just to get into the zoo parking lot! So we wandered around downtown Houston until we found a park and played on the playground for hours and had a lovely picnic with our friends.
I only got harassed for money by a homeless person once. When I told him I did not have any cash on me but that he was welcome to any of our picnic food there he told me, "I don't want no snacks, I want a burger! Can you go get me a burger? I will wait here for you." It really was so polite of him to offer like that. But when I told him NO, but that he really was welcome to the food... (which we had all sorts between the two families... I'm talking sandwiches, granola bars, several different kinds of crackers, drinks, chips, fruit, veggies, cookies, etc)... he said, "I want me some BURGERS!" And people wonder why we give money to charities outside the US and we don't feed our "own" homeless?!? At that point I just walked away... very fast! :)
Dallin loves to climb...

And loves him some Capri Suns... I think he drank SIX that day at the park!

Eli picnicking with his buddy Aaron.

Connor with his muy guapo friend Victor. I have a crush on this kid. If I wasn't already taken... I might just have waited for him! ;)

1 comment:

Chulitamaya said...

Hey your kids have very good looking friends :) I still feel bad that you had to deal with that homeless guy. It was a fun day after all. Sorry about your plans.