Thursday, March 4, 2010

My Sweet Boy

Connor is going through a bit of an annoying stage at the moment. If he is not whining, complaining, or yelling about something... (sometimes I am convinced he is not a 7 year old boy at all, but in fact a 13 year old teenage girl)... then he is usually a bossy "Mr. Know It All" to his parents and brothers. The last couple days especially, it has been driving me nuts!

And then last night happened. Our bedroom is downstairs while all the boys sleep upstairs and we don't always hear everything. About an hour after I fell asleep (4 hours after the boys fell asleep) I was awakened by Connor. He was standing there in nothing but his undies holding Eli's hand and simply said, "Mom, something is not right with Eli." I turned to Eli who was barking up a storm. I have no doubt that it is Croup. I have heard that scary, distinct cough before and seen those deer in the headlight eyes as they struggle to get air in.

My heart was full. Connor had heard Eli coughing and recognized something was wrong. He woke up out of his deep sleep, climbed down his bunk bed, grabbed Eli and lead him to us where he knew he could get help.

At the end of the day, Connor IS a good big brother! :) I expressed my appreciation to Connor this morning and I could tell he felt like a real hero. I suppose he should. :)

5 comments:

Caddy Haycock said...

Ohhhh - I LOVE THAT! What a sweet boy!

(and just so you know....it's not just Connor...it's the AGE! Seriously annoying! Hard to "connect" with them right now, huh? Madden said in his prayers last night...."and please help me and mom to have a better relationship cause we're always fighting." I wanted to cry!! But geez...I tired mom with no patience and an annoying, fiesty, mouthy, whining 7 year old just don't mix well! Good luck to both of us! But I have a feeling when they are 13 we'll be wishing they were 7 again.....)

Chiara said...

Whoops....clearly that wasn't CADDY! And shoot....I hope she doesn't read this or she'll know that I know how to hack into her gmail account!! ;)-

Tammy and Alvin said...

That's sweet! It's crazy, but Miriam woke up last night with croup too. Who knew that states apart, we could be so close! :)

Chulitamaya said...

Aren't kids the best? That just shows you what a good big brother he is and then all the other stuff doesn't seem to matter anymore.

Rach_Spencer said...

What a good brother!! Croup is the WORST.