Sunday, March 7, 2010

Eli's Lingo

A few days back I could tell Elijah was very tired. He hadn't slept well the night before, wasn't feeling well, and woke up extra early that morning. Eli is in the process of phasing out of naps and had not taken a nap for several days in a row.

Me: Eli, you are going to have to take a nap today.

Elijah: No! I don't want to!

Me: I am sorry Eli, but you have to. Your body is telling me it is very tired.

Elijah: No Mommy! My bottom is not tired! See! (then in a high disguised voice he says) I Eli's bottom, I not tired!

(For the record... he feel asleep in record time that day :)

---------------

Eli always tends to add "so bad!" to the end of all of his sentences to make his point. It always makes me laugh. He is never hungry, but hungry so bad! He doesn't just want to watch a show, but he wants to watch a show so bad! (you get the point) I was holding Eli and giving him a love when we had this conversation.

Me: How come you are so cute, Eli?

Eli: Um, cuz I yuv (love) you so bad! (and he leaned in to give me a big kiss)

Could I love this boy anymore? I think not! :)

3 comments:

Regan said...

That is so cute. I love it when they have funny little things they say like that.

Chiara said...

Just remember that when he destroys something...or writes on the wall with markers....or hits you and tells you you are mean! ;)-

What a sweetheart!

Darcy said...

So cute!