Sunday, August 15, 2010

Oregon Zoo

I was more than pleased when I realized that our Houston Zoo membership got us into the Oregon Zoo for free! Especially since we went there twice while we were in town! :)


the Moms (Katrina, Kimm, and Tiff) ... trip 1
The chilluns (Ryan, Heidi, and kids drove out from Utah to spend a couple of days with us while we were there!) on zoo trip 2


Dallin LOVED this sea otter... and he seemed to like Dallin, too!

Cute baby elephants! :)


Dinosaurs were at the Portland zoo while we were there, which I was happy about since we missed seeing them when they came to Houston. Most of them were life size and animatronic. Pretty cool!

Eli and his Nana.


Dallin digging for dino bones!


kids zoo trip #1

We were lucky enough to be able to meet up with our California cousins (and Eugene cousins- seen with the moms in the very first photo) at the zoo! They happened to be in Portland at the same time for a couple of days!

Yikes! (Connor and Josh)



Love this pic!
AHHHHH!

It is not everyday that you get to see Hippo-bottom-us'! Ha!

I tried with all my might to convince those around me to skip over the petting zoo... I hate them with freaky goats running around and spreading their diseases everywhere. But if I had not let them I would not have this cute picture! :)

1 comment:

Kel said...

You guys have had the coolest summer.

I have pictures just like that of the sea otter and the underwater enclosure. Very cool! The Portland Zoo is such a good one.