Monday, August 30, 2010

Connor's Baptism!

We decided to baptize Connor in Utah when we had the chance to be with a lot of family for Miriam's wedding. It was a very special day filled with family and fun-- a day I hope Connor will never forget. This kid was so anxious to get baptized! It was pure torture for Connor to wait an extra two months so that we could share it with family. As Connor and Seth stood in the water I peaked at Connor while the baptism was being performed. Connor was standing there beaming wide eyed with a smile from ear to ear. It brought tears to my eyes and a smile to my face as I've never witnessed a more eager or excited person to be baptised in my life! :) God bless his little heart!

July 27th, 2010 Connor became an official member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints!

Heidi and the kids drove an hour and a half to be there for it. Thanks for representing the McKeehan side guys! :) Heidi played the piano and Ashley sang a beautiful solo of "When I am Baptized".

The Washburn side! Becca gave a wonderful talk on what it means to be baptized, and Grandma Washburn gave an equally wonderful talk on receiving the Holy Ghost. Grandpa Washburn gave Connor a beautiful confirmation as he gave him the Holy Ghost. Great Grandma Washburn threw Connor an awesome BBQ afterwards filled with delicious food and lots of fun! We want to thank all of you for helping to make this be such a special day for Connor! We love you and are so happy you could share this day with us! XOXO

After the baptism Connor received his very own set of scriptures with his name on it!


"When I am Baptized"

"I like to look for rainbows whenever there is rain and ponder on the beauty of an earth made clean again.


I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain. I want to be the best I can and live with God again.


I know when I am baptized my wrongs are washed away, and I can be forgiven and improve myself each day.


I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain. I want to be the best I can and live with God again."

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What a handsome guy! Way to go Connor.

Chiara said...

Love you Connor! We are so proud of you! Keep that ear to ear smile everyday!!

Jennifer said...

Congrats to Connor! Love the pictures of the Washburns. My favorite family ever!

Anonymous said...

I don't know if you have ever heard Kevin sing before in church but my whole family always gets him to sing that song at all the baptisms. It always brings tears to my eyes. Its an awesome song. I'm very proud of you Connor!!

Jennifer said...

What a very special day. How wonderful to be able to share it with family. Congratulations Conner. You can see the excitement on his face.