Monday, August 16, 2010

Grandmas

I was able head over to my Grandma McKeehan's and show up with the three boys for a surprise visit. She loved it! I was worried she might not know who I was, but she did! Shortly after we arrived Ryan's family showed up. Heidi, Ashley, and Kenna all played amazing piano pieces for Grandma and her friends and Kenna even did a few gymnastic tricks. We went back to her room and the kids cleaned Grandma out of about five different tins of stale cookies, hard jellybeans, and nuts! :) I think she liked sharing and the kids didn't seem to mind a bit that they had probably sat there waiting for them since the last time they visited! :) She handed out watches to the boys and necklaces to the girls. We had a nice chat and it is nice to know that Grandma is in such a nice facility with friends and good care takers.

We also took a trip to McMinnville to spend the day with Grandma Maine. Unfortunately we forgot our camera and I was not able to get a picture with her. I could tell Grandma was having a bit of a hard time with the loss of Grandpa back in December. But she too seemed to be in a wonderful home home with an AMAZING caretaker and surrounded by people who truly seem to love her. She is in a home with acres and acres of beautiful wetlands right behind the house. There is a family of deer that have made it there home there. We spent a lovely day at the park chatting with Grandma as the kids ran around and played.

I love both these amazing women and I am grateful to have them in my life. I hope when I grow old I can have the spunk and personality these two ladies radiate.

1 comment:

Regan said...

Your trip to Portland looked so fun. I am so sad that we missed you, again. We really need to get together sometime. Your pictures from the zoo look great. Whenever we go, the animals never cooperate and we can hardly see them.