Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Young Love

Oh to be young again! Connor has had a crush on a darling, little Hispanic girl in his class named Marilynn all year. She is probably his best friend in the class...which is how the puppy love all began. We have had several conversations about her at home. The most recent two went like this:

CONNOR: I told everyone at school I have a girlfriend... but I wouldn't tell them who it is.

ME: Oh really? Who is it?

CONNOR: (sounding slightly annoyed that I didn't already know this) Marilynn!

ME: Oh, right. Does she know she is your girlfriend?

CONNOR: Nope!

I don't know why but that struck me funny. Then today when he got in the car after school this conversation really made me chuckle...

CONNOR: When everyone was watching TV today at school, I told Marilynn that she is a hottie.

ME: (A little taken back that Connor knew of the word 'hottie'-- let alone what it meant). And what did she say?

CONNOR: I'm going to tell the teacher on you!

HAHAHAHA! Good for her... I am pretty sure that is considered sexual harassment these days! ;) I am starting to like her already!

No comments: