Monday, March 2, 2009

JOY

Last night as Seth and I were talking he randomly mentioned, "I love our boys, and I love having three of them. I honestly don't feel like I am missing out on anything by not having a girl. I mean the boys are dirty and rowdy, but I love it." I don't know why, but hearing Seth express his love for our boys in such a simple way gave me great joy. I too feel the same way. I am so happy with the three little men that have blessed our lives...and I can not imagine it any other way. I would not trade them for all the clean, calm girls and pink clothes in the world! ;) Then this morning as Seth grabbed two rubber snakes out of our shower he laughed to himself and said, "Sorry Sweetie, but I guess you will always be finding snakes in your shower and never any dolls"!

1 comment:

Scarcy Family said...

That's so sweet. There are really few moments I can stop and really appreciate what I've got. I know times are crazy and I do have a lot of fun, energetic children, but lately, I've just been loving it all. Having 5 is finally getting manageable. With all my other kids it only took about 4 months to get into things, this time took longer. But, I do love my children, even when they color on things and destroy my parents house, I love that little naughtiness about them, it's so cute. You do have very handsome boys, you have to be a very special person to raise boys in these last days. And you are definitely special!!