Monday, December 7, 2009

Dear Santa,

Today for FHE Connor taught the lesson (the nativity) and then we wrote letters to Santa followed by a scripture, prayer and treat.

Connor's letter read:

Dear Santa,
Can I go in your workshop? What do elves look like?

I want:
1. a 4 wheeler (GOOD LUCK ON THAT ONE!)
2. Sorry Sliders (We already have 'Sorry'... do we really need two different versions of the same game?)
3. a Wii (Nope. Pretty sure Santa is not bringing you that either)
4. a soccer goal
5. Video games (Probably, but they are going to be video games for your "old" consoles. IE: Play Station 3 and Nintendo DS)
6. a Science Experiment (Do we really need a second mad scientist in this family? ;)

Why didn't the elf cross the road?
Because he didn't have the reindeer. (This is a joke he made up just for Santa)

Love, Connor

Eli's letter (with Seth's help) read:

Dear Santa,
Eli has been a good boy, for the most part. Anyway, we love him and think he should get presents in spite of everything.

This is what he wants:
1. a water gun
2. water to go in the water gun. (Is this really the brother of the kid who just asked for a 4 wheeler?)
3. fruit snacks (preferably Princess ones) (Don't ask!)
4. a DS. (You do a fine job of breaking your older brother's... I don't think we need to buy a second one for you to reek havoc on.)
5. A 'Yo Gabba Gabba' Game (No idea what he is talking about... he doesn't even like the show 'Yo Gabba Gabba'. I personally just think he likes to say the words, Yo Gabba Gabba! :)
6. Presents (why can't they just all ask for this?)

Love, Eli

Afterwards Connor kept saying, "Do you think Santa will really give me a 4 wheeler AND a Wii?"
To which I respond, "No."
And then he says very excitedly, "I don't either, but I hope he does!"

I hope come Christmas morning we don't have tears and a broken heart. :(

7 comments:

Chiara said...

hahaha! .....which is exactly why we don't write letters to Santa....hahahah!

Kel said...

Funny!

The Silly Witch said...

One of my kids for her first couple of Christmases asked for a rubber ducky, a football, and a piggy bank. I was the envy of all the parents. Eli's letter reminded me of her at age 3. Very very sweet.

California Washburns said...

Remember, Santa has to ask the parents first before he gets the gifts.

When Josh was 4, Santa came to his preschool and he asked for a little airplane that he could sit in and that really flied. Santa told him he would do his best, but that he needed to ask his parents first, because it sounded dangerous. I thought that was a good answer from Santa.

Elizabeth said...

You should put some water in a jar or something a wrap it up. That is TOO cute that he asked for that.

Unknown said...

HI CONNOR THIS IS JEFFERY. I GOT YOUR CHRISTMAS CARD TODAY. FOR CHRISTMAS I WANT A RAZOR POCKET ROCKET AND AN EYE CLOPS MINI PROJECTOR,U CREATE MUSIC,MIND FLEX,AN AIR HOGS SWITCH BLADE,LIGHTNING MAQUEEN TRICK TRACK,SANTA BUDDIES,A SCOOTER WITH SUPER BIG TURBO WHEELS,A DSi AND A MEDIL DETECTOR.I MISS YOU. I WILL MAIL YOU A PICTURE.
YOUR FREIND, JEFF

Rach_Spencer said...

so funny. classic, sounds pretty familiar.