Friday, August 7, 2009

HaPpY BiRtHdAy DaLLiN!

Today my baby turned ONE! I can not believe it has been a year already since this precious bundle entered our lives! He is such a fun little man. I love you Ju-Ju!
We celebrated Dallin's birthday by going out to Chilli's as a family.

Afterward we came home for cake.

Once Dallin tasted the frosting-- he couldn't seem to shove it in his mouth fast enough! He did not seem to care much for the cake itself.

And now he's had enough! :)

What? You don't see any pictures of Dallin opening any presents? Oh, that's because we totally forgot to give them to him!! Poor kid... he must be the third child. I hope he still likes them tomorrow! :)


At 12 months Dallin is still not walking. Not really much of a shocker since he just started CRAWLING two weeks ago. (Of course he chose to hit that milestone while I was away on my girls trip!) He weighs in at 19 lbs 7oz (8%), and is measuring 30.25 in (75%). He has 6 teeth.... and the goofiest lookin' smile you have ever seen (note last picture on slide show)... so stinkin' cute! He has recently discovered the joy and power of screeching. He screeches for just about everything... demanding more food, demanding more attention, demanding out of his high chair, demanding me out of the shower... and it drives me nuts! But to be honest, up until this point I have not really had any complaints about Dallin. He has been such a good baby, a happy baby, and a content baby. He truly enriches our lives! Dallin points everywhere with his chubby little finger and it is the cutest thing ever. He reaches out for you constantly as if to say, "Hold me!" But who could possibly resist him? No one I know of so far! Even our "manly-Texas-men" neighbors can't resist him and are always asking to hold him. :) Just today he reached out to a little, old lady who was in the hair salon. She was POSITIVE that he wanted her to hold him, and tried her best to convince me to let her do so WHILE he was getting his haircut. But no matter where Dallin is ,or who he is with; he seems to bring a touch of joy to everyone he meets! We love our little puppy to pieces and our lives would certainly not be complete with out him.

5 comments:

Sean and Candace said...

Dallin - you are the man! Happy Birthday! Who cares if you can't walk at 1? I couldn't either and turned out to be the fastest and strongest of my brothers! Maybe you will too! I know you are conserving energy for when it really matters!

I love you -

Uncle Sean

Stacee said...

He's adoreable - I mean it, just adoreable! I love one year olds, especially their goofy grins!

Elizabeth said...

Such cute pictures but where is the pink cake?!?! :) Please tell me this was not his first taste of sugar? I only did that with Natalie, the others had already had many tastes. Happy B-day little man.

Chulitamaya said...

He is such a cute baby and I just love how he smiles when he sees me, I thought I was special but I guess now I realize that he does that with every one. Happy Birthday Dallin.

Scarcy Family said...

He's so cute. I love that you have pics from each month...I don't really have those of Ryan. Oh well, he's lucky we have any pictures of him at all, right? It's really sad, he's been walking here and there, but we've only recorded it once. I think I should turn myself into CPS!