Saturday, August 15, 2009

The big 3-0!


In my defense I will just state that I had just awakened from a 3 hour nap! What? It was my birthday! And since I am thirty now... I get worn out so much easier! :)
So, this is 30?? I spent a lot of time this year worrying and grieving over the thought of turning 30. It is something that I never, EVER thought would actually happen. Maybe for everyone else, but not for me. I vividly remember thinking as a teenager that 30-year olds were OLD! Or worse yet... they were "MOMS!". They wore "mom" clothes and had "mom" hair cuts, and drove "mom" cars, and did boring "mom" stuff like sitting in the living room while exchanging crock pot recipes with a friend over herbal tea. This seems to be my destiny now because I am 30. I am officially old. I am officially a "mom". Some of you may have thought giving birth to a child made you a mom... but you are wrong! That makes you a Mother. Being 30 makes you a "mom". Mehhh.... it's not so bad... so far. :) I truly believe growing old is a beautiful thing... just as long as it is not me. Maybe if I take better care of myself... then I can ward off being old for a bit longer. That, and if I suddenly win the lotto. Then I can finally hire that stylist/ personal trainer/ personal chef/plastic surgeon, that will help me look and feel more hip... and less momish! Or, I could start out simple and just trade in the mini-van for... well, just about anything! But I happen to love my mini-van. It must be because I am 30. So maybe I'll just accept my fate and get "Mom" tatted on my arm... or would that make me hip? I don't even know anymore.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Chulitamaya said...

And this is why I like you so much, you are funny and full of life and you don't even look 30 by the way. If you are old, what does that make me? In my head I am still 21 and also full of life and want to do things now that back then I would not have thought of. It sucks that we have to grow up but as long as we feel young in our hearts then we wont get old. Or at least I would love to think so. I hope you had a wonderful birthday.

Scarcy Family said...

You're so funny! 30 is nothing...I'm headed on the road to 40...that's a much scarier number. When do you think this aging thing catches up to us?? I still don't feel old enough to have this many kids? You definitely don't look 30, to me you're about 18, so with that, happy 18th birthday!!!

Shasta said...

Happy Birthday!!!! I don't think 30 is old anymore now that I have kids. I want to make it to 30 now. :) Maybe a tat would make you feel a little hipper but you know what President Hinkley said about those, right? :)

Chiara said...

hahaha - I say get the mom tattoo!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Sorry I missed it. That's what being at the cabin will do for you....I never know what day it is!?!?! You know that I LOVE YOU!!!

The Silly Witch said...

Ha! Welcome to the PRIME of life.

Elizabeth said...

Hey we may be 30 but we proved we can act like we are 15 so I am sure that is worth something! One day we will look back and laugh for freaking out about turning 30. Until then work the nap thing, that is a great idea!

myrobinsonclassroom said...

I am hormoral but I started to cry when I saw you I guess I miss you. So it really does not matter what age you are, you look good to me and really you will always be younger than me so you will always look good. :) PS I worked out in a real gym (at the Y) for the first time in 32 years. Bet you can't say that. And why would you want to. :)