Wednesday, August 5, 2009

GIRLS TRIP!

Two of my best friends in the world are two that I have had since high school! We all live in different states and sometimes that can make life hard. We call and email on a regular basis, but it isn't always enough. So, the three of us try to get together for a "girls trip" at least every other year. In the past, the girls have seemed to come to me since I always live in a new and different place. With the last three visits being to see me... and the one before that to see Liz... we chose to visit Chiara!
I am positive this was the best choice we could have possibly made! You see, when they come visit me it is all good because I don't have to buy a ticket... BUT... I still have my kids, and they don't! So I end up feeling tied down to binkies, car seats, and nap times. Not to mention I usually feel the sleep deprivation in a major way when we stay up until 4am chatting only to find my kids bright-eyed and staring at me only moments later.
SO THIS WAS IT! This was the FIRST week out of the last 7+ years of my life since kids... where I did not have any children! And what did I choose to do with my two best friends and a week of freedom you might ask? The answer is simple! Stay up til 4am chatting every night, sleep in until noon, eat a ton of junk food, get massages, laugh til we cry, cry until we laugh, and shop like crazy! One may say that is totally lame... but I could not think of ANY other way I would have rather spent it! (Okay... maybe cliff jumping in Hawaii... or on a safari in Africa... or swimming with sharks in the Great Barrier Reef.... or even climbing Mt. Everest) Next time ladies... next time, for sure! But loungin' with my girls comes in a STRONG 5th place! ;)
The besties!

Um... so some totally random store had two GIANT horses in front of it... and that is great and all... but did they really have to make them so anatomically correct like that?

Canoeing... but we really wanted to go kayaking... dumb guy!

Chiara's beautiful neighborhood lake!

Eating at the Spaghetti Factory... a favorite for me and Liz! (I'm not sure why I am pulling a weird smile here with no teeth!)

Darling Lee-Lee was one of the girls! (Chiara shipped her three boys off to her mom for the week and so she only had Marley.)

Just your random, giant grasshopper.

I love this picture... it fits both their personalities so much! ;)

Ha! I think Chiara is trying to slyly tuck in my G's in this picture... see... THAT is what best friends are for! :)

Elizabeth and Chiara

You should be proud ladies... we partied like we were sixteen... and our old, tired bodies are now THIRTY! I already can't wait for next time!!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I thought this was in celebration of turning 29!?!?!
I miss you guys already and can't wait for the next very adventurous one. Oh and can you send me your pictures?:)

Chulitamaya said...

How fun, friends are the best. What a fun week Tiffany it really seems like you had the best time.

Chiara said...

This was in celebration of turning TWENTY THREE....geez, get it right girls!!

Okay, few questions though.....
#1- How does that one picture fit my personality? I look like I'm going to barf?!?! Are you saying that I have a sick personality? Rude!

#2 - Did you HAVE to post the picture of me grabbing the horses "stuff?" I mean....REALLY?!?!?!

#3 - Did Liz really kick up her hind leg in that last picture? Like she was actually happy to be in a picture....or like she was performing on Broadway or something?! Hahahah!

Tiffany W. said...

Chiara-

#1. I was totally trying to say you have a sick personality... as in awesome! (Dazed and confused, no, I would never mean that! ;)

#2. Of course I had to post that picture! It was the best shot of the horses goods! My brother Sean asked me if you were feeling extra lonely that day or somethnig? ;)

#3. Liz can hardly contain her love to sing and dance! you know that!? She practically does it everywhere she goes. Just by being around her I feel like I am in a muscial! Where have you been? ;)