Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Dying Easter Eggs

Super hero-Easter eggs masterpiece!


Connor is the only kid I know who actually EATS the eggs!

For whatever reason we feel the need to dye hard boiled eggs every year. I am not sure why, as I certainly never did it as a child. Maybe that is why I feel compelled to do so? Did I really miss out on anything by not having this as a tradition? I doubt it. The kids come out of it with blue stained fingers and I stress out entirely too much about the dye spilling everywhere as they do it. No one in our family even likes to eat the eggs after we dye them, except for Connor. And even then, it is in moderation. I threw out a half dozen of hard boiled eggs yesterday. The whole thing is a bit perplexing. :)

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Ha Ha! Natalie is the only one that eats them too. We tried to get Cameron to eat one and before he even took a bit he was squishing it and saying "Yucky!"

MacMui Mom said...

Try blowing eggs instead starting a month before whenever you use an egg. This way there is no waste. The dye on the hands I can't help with. We have the same problem in that area. Looks like ti was lots of fun though!

Chiara said...

Hahaha - We could have a contest over who dislikes dying easter eggs the most. I'm pretty sure I'd win! That is why I had Aunt Curry do that job this year! And I'M the only one that eats them...yummmy!