Thursday, April 2, 2009

Connor's 1st Sleepover

Connor and Rylan playing Star Wars Lego on the PlayStation

Connor had his first friend sleep-over at our house a couple weeks ago. The next door neighbor, Rylan (age 8), came over for some fun! They ate snicker doodles and popcorn, watched a movie, played video games, and wrestled to their hearts content! I was on the first shift (seth went to bed early and I got to stay up with the boys... at about 11:30pm I told them lights out. I then tag teamed Seth and he went and slept on the couch (while the boys slept in sleeping bags on the front room floor) because Rylan was a little scared. They stayed up talking and laughing and I did not hear them go to sleep until Seth finally yelled at the boys (at 12:30) to shut their eyes for 30 seconds and they would be asleep. They did.... and they were! But not for long! They were up at 6:30am the next morning. Seth made pancakes for them where they then ran over to Rylan's house and bugged his family! It was fun and they are already scheming up plans for the next one, but I am not looking forward to it anytime too soon. :)

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Chulitamaya said...

How fun, I haven't done a sleep over with my kids yet, I am too scared for that. I just don't know how they are going to behave if I am not around. As long as they have fun right?

Elizabeth said...

I always remember my mom talking through the intercom telling us to be quiet. I am impressed he stayed up that late, but not suprised they still woke up at the crack of dawn. Why is that?