Thursday, January 6, 2011

Just Your Average Car Ride

Now I will be the first to admit conversations with my boys are usually a little off the wall and often don't make sense. But today's car ride convo just might take the cake!

Eli: "Some mom's and dad's are in jail, right Mom?"

Me: pause. (where is this coming from?) "Uh, yeah."

Eli: "Is Daddy in jail?"

Me: ??? "No, Daddy is at work."

Eli: "Is Daddy a bad guy?"

Me: "No, Daddy is a good guy."

Eli: "A good, bad guy?"

Me: (WHAT THE WHAT?!?) "Uh, no Buddy, Daddy is JUST a good guy."

Eli: "But me-member (remember), Daddy is A SPY!!!"

I don't know what Seth is filling his kids heads with... probably day dreaming of some alter-ego. But whatever the case... I can only imagine what Eli is telling his friends and teachers at church and school!! :)

3 comments:

California Washburns said...

HAHA! I love your kids! He must have read Bekah's post...ALL Washburn's are rascals!

Sean and Candace said...

Hillarious!!! I want to hear Seth's explanation!

Elizabeth said...

He ISN'T a spy. I guess I should stop telling people that.