Thursday, January 20, 2011

Don't be Fancy, Just get Dancey!

Today on the way home from dropping my oldest son off at school, "Raise Your Glass" came on the radio, by Pink. It is quite possibly my favorite song. So I turned it loud and proceeded to jam and encouraged Eli and Dallin to dance in their seats as well. After we were in our own driveway... the song was not over... so with proper good-song etiquette, we all jammed in our seats until it was finished.

Eli gave a half hearted performance at best. I didn't feel he was fully appreciating what a great song it was and I asked him, "Eli, do you know that is probably the best song out there?"

Eli's response? "Na-uh! Old McDonald's is!"

There was no argument from me. Sadly, Pink will probably never hold a candle next to a timeless classic like that.

3 comments:

Chiara said...

I'm gonna have to look up that pink song.....
At least your kids don't start crying when you turn up the radio really loud and dance....that is what Macks and Marley do....and Macks covers his eyes and yells, STOP MOM STOP!
And don't think it is because you have better moves than me.....

Elizabeth said...

My kids love to rock out in the car. Their favorite song: Dynamite by Taio Cruz.

Tiffany W. said...

that's totally my boys favorite song too! And it's not bad! :)