Friday, January 7, 2011

Christmas 2010

The Washburn's Christmas started out something like this...

being awakened at 2am by an excited 8 year old, followed by two half asleep, half crying, obedient little brothers.

Seth: "Connor, it is 2am! Why are you down here!?!"

Connor: "Well, um. I woke up to use the bathroom... and um, I forgot that we had a bathroom upstairs..." (make that TWO!) "and so I um, went downstairs to use it, but um, I was scared so I woke Eli and Dallin up to go with me, and um, then I saw all the presents and knew that Santa had come! Santa already came! It's Christmas! Hurry! Get up!"

Seth: "Go back to bed! It is NOT time to get up. It is still the middle of the night! You may NOT come back down here until it is at least 7am!" (I'm not sure why he said 7 when he knows full well on any other regular given day our kids are up by 6... but considering I had only been asleep for one hour at this point, I was too sleepy to say otherwise.)

Connor: "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" (as he proceeded to cry and throw a fit.)

Dallin and Eli obediently went back up to their beds to sleep. No ands, ifs, or buts.

But about 5am I was awakened to loud thuds, giggles, and the pitter-patter of little feet running around upstairs. We sat there and listened for awhile half asleep. But a little before 6, we too, decided to get up out of bed.

And our Christmas ended with something like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTq20prt0K8

Only instead of Ralphie's family, it was Connor's. And instead of being all dressed up, we were still in our jammies. And instead of a Chinese restaurant being the only thing open... it was Denny's. And instead of eating duck... we ate nachos.

Classy. We know!

Oh, and in between it all, there was a bit of this...

Immediately upon coming down the stairs Dallin saw this little bad boy, hopped on without any questions as to if it was even his, or not, and took off driving around the house! It took him all of about 5.5 seconds to learn how to burn rubber. He would stand in one place and let the wheels spin as he made big black marks on his mom's wood floor! He was lucky it was Christmas!! What was Santa thinking charging that battery ahead of time?

Eli got a fun rhino board game from mom!


Connor got a flag football kit from Dad!


Eli is my little artist. He really enjoys painting and coloring and cutting and gluing right now. All things Connor NEVER enjoyed. He got this easel from Santa and loves it. Eli and Dallin have both enjoyed it!

This Christmas will live in our memories as the Christmas when we were introduced to breakfast nachos. All is right with the world.

Merry Christmas!
Love, the Washburn's

2 comments:

California Washburns said...

That is awesome! I love you guys! I'm glad you had a great Christmas. We miss you!

Chulitamaya said...

I love reading your blog, it always make smile. Your kids are so fun!!