Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Padre Update

(first base coach, third base coach {Seth}, Coach Gerardo, pitcher,
Daniel, Big Isaac, Aden, Jaquori, Baylee, Gabriel aka: Bubba,
Connor, Matthew, Lil' Issac, Ryan)
The trophies may say second place... but we all know who the real first place team is!!


For all two of our faithful followers out there... I thought I would update you on the Padre season status. :) We finished out the season winning the rest of our games (Cardinals included)!

However, we lost our first place ranking because of a forfeit at the beginning of the season. The first time we played the Cardinals we only had 8 players and you have to have at least 9 to field a game. The cardinals did not seem to care and still wanted to play... and we beat them. Several weeks later the cardinals (clearly jealous of our boys' mad skills) decided to call in that forfeit causing it to count as a loss for our team... and dropping us from first place status to second. Don't worry we beat the crap out of them the second time we played them (and opted not to call the game at the 10 run lead) to thank them for their kindness... 25-4!!

With the season ending we have award ceremonies tonight. Tomorrow however, starts the playoffs for the Championship!! I fully expect our boys to take first and shove it to the Pirates who like to gloat in our faces every chance they get at the ball park that they are first place (not do to skill... because I could handle that... but because of dumb luck!). Thursday and Friday night are the big games! I am not sure who we will be playing and in what order, or exactly how many games we will actually play those nights, but I can hardly wait! :)

Although, I honestly believe we are a better team- I am still a bit nervous because the Pirates are a good team too, and they have shown that they can beat us. I know it will be a fun and nerve racking game to watch. And I have to admit this baseball season has ignited a new love for baseball in me that I did not know I had. (or at least for Little League ;)-

And as for crying... I rented 'A League of Their Own' to show Connor their was no crying allowed in baseball! :) So far it has worked. Last night another player on the team came up to me to tell me that his Dad made him watch that movie too! ;)

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PADRES!!!!!

3 comments:

Shasta said...

You are just too funny. I LOVE baseball and so do the girls. We have been to several Nationals games every summer since we moved here. They are fun games (even though the Nats suck). I go for the Cardinals personally. I think you would like a game or two of baseball.

Chulitamaya said...

Buuu Cardinales!!! I had to do it in Spanish since I forgot how to do that in English. It sucks they did that to the team but I am so happy they did so great this year, I really hope we can come see him play some day, my crazy life and no time for anything else :)

California Washburns said...

HAHA! I love how into it you are! I hope the Padres rock the playoffs! Tell Connor Good luck from his Aunt Kimm!