Thursday, June 3, 2010

May Happenings...


So I may have only been posting about baseball this past month, but believe it or not, there have been other events in our lives (squeezed in between practices, games and tournaments)!
Are these the cutest kids you have ever seen, or what?!? Crashing the Summerwood Sock Hop. Best Neighbors ever!

We have been trying to beat the heat by spending almost any free time we have at the pool or splash pad!

I came SO close to adopting this dog while Seth was out of town! Our neighbors found him lost and he had no tags except for an animal shelter number. My neighbor already has four dogs and asked me if I wanted to keep him if the shelter could not find the rightful owners. If Seth had been home... it would have been a BIG FAT NO! But he wasn't... :) ...and I watched him for a little while that day while we waited to hear from the shelter... and I fell in LOVE! So I said YES! Sadly (for me), the shelter had found the owners because the dog had been returned there once before. Isn't he beautiful?!
We have been having a lot of thunder storms here and recently a house down the street from us was struck by lightening and caught on fire. It was really sad to watch. (Seth did NOT think it was appropriate that I took a picture...oops!)

Don-Don and T-Dawg. :)
Dallin quickly warmed up to Daddy-Man!
Our friends came to visit from Louisiana for Memorial Day weekend. We had fun taking them to the Imax theater, the Butterfly pavilion, going swimming, playing games, eating lots of yummy food, celebrating Connor's 8th birthday and taking them to the beach! It was the perfect weekend!
Connor blowing out the candles and opening family presents with his friends Michael and Elle! He has a birthday party planned in a week.
Poor Eli! Yes, that is a granola bar with frosting on it and candles stuck on top! :) Connor had a baseball game that night so we had to rush and open presents after Daddy got home from work, then we hurried off to Chilli's for dinner (where they served him an ice cream sundae and sang to him), and from there we left for Connor's baseball game. But we still wanted Eli to blow out some candles on his birthday, and since I did not feel like making another cake knowing that he would be getting one this weekend at his birthday party... this was the end result. :) Lucky for us, he seemed perfectly happy about it!

6 comments:

Chulitamaya said...

I love the first picture :) The house on fire looks pretty bad, I remember one time in VA when we used to live in a townhouse, 4 houses down from us burned down and I took my kids out of the house in the middle of the night because I was afraid all the houses were going to get on fire. Happy birthday boys, can't wait to make your cakes!!!

The Silly Witch said...

LoVE the granola bar with candles. eli looks so pleased. You should do it every day.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Eli!!!

Kel said...

You know, I like this post because posts usually focus on just one thing and this helps show what happens around us and to us all the time. Crazy sad about your neighbors' house. I'm still shaking my head about that.

And I LOVE the pup... too bad they found his owners. He's a beauty.

Chiara said...

Ok...why can't I stop laughing about the granola bar cake? Seriously...that is hilarious!!

How fun to have Donna's family in town. I'm jealous!

I'm glad you didn't adopt that dog....blah! ;)-

Regan said...

I can't believe that house caught on fire. I am glad you took a picture so we could see it, even if it was inappropriate. The granola bar cake reminds me of what we did for Brent because the boys had already had their birthday party the weekend before so we didn't have anything really great. But he was fine with it, just like Eli. Kids, gotta love em'.