Thursday, October 8, 2009

What we have been up to lately...

Getting 100% on a spelling test!
Connor is very strong in his math and science and weak in his reading and spelling. We practice spelling every week and probably average a 65% score... that is until this week! His first 100%! This is a VERY big deal! Yay! Go Connor! Out of 15 words he only missed one the following week (93%). We hope he can keep up the good work.
Catching and playing with the frogs!
Our front and back yard are both filled with frogs, lizards, and squirrels right now! Yes, we have even seen (small) snakes on occasion... but we run from those! :)
Our Fall weather has been looking and feeling like a sauna!
Each morning I wake up and feel like I am stepping out of a hot shower when I open the door! The weather has been crazy hot and sticky and our windows are proof of it! They have looked like this every day this week.

Drawing Sponge Bob and Patrick!
I thought these were so cute! Connor is not very artistic and pretty much has nothing to do with any coloring or drawing activity. I was so thrilled when I saw him come home with these darling pictures he drew at recess! (They don't have a playground at their new school yet. If you want to buy some cookie-dough to help raise money for it, let me know! ;)
Taking care of sick kids!!
I have had almost a full month of tending to sick children! It has been one sickness after another going through three kids which makes for a very crazy mom! We have had three sets of stomach virus', 2 sets of earaches, and 3 sets of colds. The last is Dallin with his cold that just won't go away. The doctor says Dallin has asthma and the poor guy has to take breathing treatments twice a day on this machine (until he is better). The doctor asked me who in the family has asthma since it is genetic. I had no idea. Anyone want to own up to it? :)

7 comments:

Tammy and Alvin said...

We own that same fish face mask and have to use it more than I would like. Good luck with all the sick kids. No fun!

Chiara said...

dude....a kid with asthma is no fun at all. Sorry, but you are in for crap his whole life. (unless of course he grows out of it which I will be praying for you that he will)
Mason still has issues....it is frustrating!

Catching frogs on the other hand...SO FUN! I love frogs!?!? Dogs and cats can take a hike, but i'd take a frog any day!

Elizabeth said...

Maybe he will be like Natalie, she has bouts of asthma just about each winter, but it doesn't bother her any other time. He does look so cute with that huge smile behind the mask!

Yeah Connor, keep up the good work.

We love us some frogs here too. Unless you ask Cameron and he says "I squished it."

Scarcy Family said...

Having sick kids sucks. When we first moved to Portland, we had someone sick for 4 MONTH straight. I kid you not...Elena and Tyler kept getting strep and we all had colds and flu virus's galore. NO FUN AT ALL. The good news is that it eventually ends, even though at the time you feel like it won't.
As for the asthma thing...Tyler would always wheeze when he was sick, so after years of my dr asking me if Tyler had asthma, he finally diagnosed it as "viral asthma!" So, basically he only has issues with it when sick. I have a preventative inhaler the dr prescribed. I only give it to him during flu season. Good luck with all the sickness, hopefully it ends soon!

California Washburns said...

My boys wish they could be there playing with frogs as well!

We've had sick kids as well. Lydia had 104.8 fever! She was sick for around 6 days and then Caleb took over. Halfway through his bout of the flu Josh and Ben came down with it. They are on the up swing now with no sign of anyone else coming down with it (cross our fingers).

I love that picture of you and Dallin! He looks too happy to be sick!!

Christine said...

I am SO sorry to hear that you have been suffering with such sickness. Poor Dallin! Is he feeling any better? What can I help you with? I will pray for a speedy recovery.

Iliana said...

I hope everyone's better now! That is nuts and horrible and every mother's worst nightmare. Two winters ago we were sick for a few months strait too. Right now we're running on week three of sickness. I want to pull my hair out. But It also makes me so glad I'm a stay at home mom and get to be there to help my kiddos. That soccer post about killed me too! So like my Tyler's leauge. It was kind of a joke!