Sunday, October 25, 2009

Pumpkin Heads




Well, it is that time of year again when we carve pumpkins. I felt like a very good mom today because I did this with the boys on my own when I don't particularly care for carving pumpkins. Usually I watch while Seth takes charge and does it with the boys. Or let me rephrase that. Usually Eli and I watch while Seth takes charge and carves pumpkins with Connor. Eli again this year would not touch the "guts" for the life of him! This year Connor drew his own design (complete with three eyes) as well as carved and de-gutted his pumpkin by himself. We missed Dad, but we all had a great time. Right before bedtime (when it was dark) we went back outside for the first jack-o-lantern lighting. They were so excited and it ended with Connor exclaiming, "This was the most fun day ever!" :) I love my boys!

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

The pumpkins look great! I love that your boys can do that outside with no shirts on. For sure not Oregon carving weather.
Oh and the playstructure looks great! I will send the girls down to play!

Chiara said...

Geez...nice mom! I'm saving our carving for Bill!! :)-

Regan said...

I am very impressed that you did the pumpkin carving at all. I have never done it with my kids either, but I feel like with 3 boys I will need to sometime. Probably next year when we can do it outside and not make a mess in the house. That's a good idea to do it outside. Don't you love Texas weather! And I love that play structure. Johan helped our friend build one and it is not easy. Good for him for doing it all on his own.

Scott said...

You're great to carve 3 pumpkins...I tried this year to do a pumpkin per kid, so I bought those fancy patterns and let each kid pick out which one they wanted, they cleaned them, and of course that meant I carved them. I did one a night since Monday. I got half way through the 3rd one, and the little saw I was using broke. I tried to find another at every store around here, and no luck, so we had 2 and a half awesome pumpkins! Your kids looked adorable!