Sunday, October 25, 2009

Meet Tim.

This is Tim working away... the kids played around him while he built this play structure from the very first board. It made me so nervous with the drills, screws/nails, hammers, etc laying around everywhere. Not to mention long heavy boards that were being swung every which way by little boys. Lets just day I did a lot of yelling! :)



I have an awesome husband! He spent every free minute of day light that he had over the last two weeks to build this play structure for the boys. I mean he would come straight home from work (even a little early), change his clothes, head to the back yard and stay out there through dinner (while the rest of us ate) and until it was dark-dark! Literally no visibility what so ever. In fact, Seth has spent so much time out there lately that our neighbor has nick-named him, Tim. As in "Tim the Tool Man". :)

Seth is finally almost finished. The only thing he has left to do is to attach the slide. He worked on the play structure again today literally up until the minute he had to leave to catch his flight to New Jersey. He was hoping to have it finished for the boys before he left. He did a pretty great job! These 5 hoodlums spent the ENTIRE day out there. (And no, I never even bothered to put clothes on Eli. He was out there from the minute he woke up almost until dinner time. And if it is my own backyard... it's my prerogative, right?) Dallin made several appearances out there too. He loves to crawl freely around on the grass and to watch the big boys play. However, I had to bring Dallin inside once I realized that the big boys were initiating him into their club by taking him up to the top of the "club house". After that a sad Dallin then stood at the back door and shouted, squealed and banged on the glass as he watched enviously.

We had wanted to get a play structure after the trampoline was crushed in the hurricane last year. But it was not until now (a little over a year later) that we finally saved up the money to get it! It has swings, a slide, a club house, a rock wall, monkey bars, a picnic table, and a sandbox (which I think I have convinced Seth NOT to install). I know that sounds mean, but I do not need sand all over my house 24-7! The boys don't know anything about it. :) I love that the boys have a place to run and play and get out their energy! And the boys seem to love it too! Thanks for all your hard work, babe! XO

1 comment:

Chiara said...

DUDE!! Can we come over and play? That is one wickedly awesome play structure! What a nice husband you have!!

Nothing is better than playing outside naked. FREEDOM!! Glad you let your kids do such a thing.