Sunday, July 19, 2009

Day 3

Day 3 was the 4th of July!
We started off the morning by all heading to the movie theater to see the new Pixar movie-- UP. It was fun for the kids and adults alike as Pixar always does a great job of appealing to both audiences. It was not my favorite Pixar movie by any means, but great none-the-less.
Then we came home and BBQ'd hamburgers and hot dogs with all the fixin's. We stuffed our faces along with every other good American as we seem to feel it is their patriotic duty to do so on the 4th. :)
After we had our fill we went over to Andy's house (a co-worker/friend of Seth's) where he let us light off all our fun fireworks on his land. Connor lit his first firecrackers this year. I told Connor no... that it was too dangerous and that he could get hurt doing it. He wailed and the tears poured out as he watched all his cousins light fire crackers. But, alas, Seth stepped in, overruled me and let him do it. Apparently a missing finger is not a big deal in this family...after all, we have 9 more! ;) Connor did not miss the opportunity to look at me when they were all done and say, "See! I didn't lose any fingers!" in an I-told-you-so voice. I never wanted my child to have a missing finger so badly in my life! ;)-
Andy then brought out and set up this huge telescope (that I am pretty sure even NASA is jealous of) and we were all able to observe the moon in amazing detail! He also showed us Saturn... its rings... and its moons! (This part was better than the fireworks if you ask me!) Thanks for letting us invite ourselves over and then being such an awesome host Andy! :)

Our flag cake!

I made some star brownies that the kids decorated with lots of red, white and blue toppings! I thought Caleb won the award for the best star. :)

Seth's parents enjoying some good eats.

The kids picnicked outside. Us adults chose not the sit out in the 100 degree heat. :)

Tiff and Dallin doing sparklers together.

Beautiful Evie!

Mommy loves her baby boy!!

Connor lighting his first firework ever.

Ephraim and Caleb lighting off fireworks.

The sweaty crew!

Apparently it was a little loud for Josh's liking. :)

We had some lame fireworks in our pack... but we also had some pretty sweet ones!
I feel very blessed to live in this land where we enjoy so many freedoms. I love our country and I am truly grateful and feel great respect to both the men and women who have dutifully served this country in the past and present. Because of you... me and my family enjoy the persuit of life, LIBERTY, and happiness. THANK YOU!
"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of liberty." -- John F. Kennedy
"Ohhh Justice will be served And the battle will rage This big dog will fight When you rattle his cage And you'll be sorry that you messed with The U.S. of A. 'Cause we'll put a boot in your ass It's the American way" -- Toby Keith
"Free at last; free at last; thank God Almighty we are free at last!" -- Martin Luther King, Jr.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Do you think of Hal Wood and his missing thumb?! I sure do! That is pretty impressive that Connor did that!

Tiffany W. said...

Yes, I do... and I told him that story!

Chulitamaya said...

What a nice looking cake, just in case I forgot to tell you before :) It really looks very tasty.