Monday, July 13, 2009

Bear Lake

So, it was that time of year again for the McKeehan family reunion-- where I get to see my parents and all my siblings and their families and do nothing but play, bicker, and eat! IT'S THE BEST!! This year Ryan and Heidi hosted it and we went to Bear Lake. It was so gorgeous, fabulous weather, and tons of fun!
This pic of Bear Lake was taken from the car as we were driving there... it was such a pretty view!

I'm not sure they come any cuter than Jack-Jack.
When we didn't have activities planned... the cousins all ran around climbing trees, playing mini-golf, or swimming in the pools. But we spent most of our time at the beach; enjoying the sand, sun, and the ice-cold water!

Eli strutting his stuff.
The guys had a sand football game one day (of which I have no pics) where Sean and Austin tried to start another fight. (Maybe they were just trying to keep the memory of the last family reunion alive! ;) In the end Seth and Sean's team lost. My brothers are pretty competitive (okay, maybe I am too) but Seth said surprisingly Sean didn't seem too upset by it. Seth figured since he was on Sean's team... that in Sean's mind that must have counted as a handicap! ;)

We rented paddle boats one day and all had fun riding around and racing each other. We also had a water skiing day planned, but last minute we realized the battery to the boat was dead. No worries, we still managed to have a great time with out it.

Sean, Candace, and Jack.
Does this kid look like he belongs in a Norman Rockwell painting or what?! I love my Bear!

Austin with a boat full of little ones! :)

Dallin enjoyed playing in the sand... but I think he enjoyed eating it even more!

Sunny - D

Dallin and Nana hanging out together.

Connor- Porter- Cooper

Kellen and his infamous plumbers crack. I couldn't resist taking a picture of it. I don't think that little bum could hold up a pair of pants if his life depended on it! :)

Every night Ash and Kenna would bust out some fun camp songs and primary hymns on their guitars as we all sang along before family prayer. It was awesome. They gave Uncle Sean some lessons and have inspired me to start guitar lessons for Connor.

We also ran a family marathon together. Before you all start thinking I got my fat butt to run 26+ miles... think again. We ran the 26 miles in legs... between all 24 of us. (Not quite as impressive, is it! ;) Everyone was accounted for... even the babies that had to be pushed in strollers. Seth and I each ran 1.5 miles, Connor ran a mile, and E-Diddy and Dallin ran/ strolled 0.1 miles. :) It was a fun bonding experience to do it all together with everyone... and a great idea. (Yay Candace!) I don't have any pictures of this but I do have some good video footage. Maybe I will get around to posting it one day. :)

We also had fun activities like the classic family baseball game and Hawaiian day-- where I learned that Megan (my 8 yr. old neice) can do a killer Hula dance! We also saw a couple of movies, the boys went golfing once or twice, had an awesome Father's Day together, ate out a lot, played lots of board games and ate more than our fair share of "famous" raspberry shakes! I love my family and am so grateful that I consider my brothers and their wives as my some of my very best friends! It was awesome to have had this time to share with them, Destiny and my parents. I also loved that my kids had the opportunity to run wild with all of their cousins. My only wish is that we all lived closer and could do this everyday! Thanks for the great time Ryan and Heidi!

6 comments:

Chulitamaya said...

Sounds like a lot of fun and like you have a very close family. The pictures are great :)

Chiara said...

Nothing better than family....nothing. (well, except maybe our girls trips!) I woulc have given anything to watch Sean and Austin fight!!

Elizabeth said...

Looks like SO much fun! Sounds like kid heaven. Is it just me or does Jack look just like Sean?!

Regan said...

Looks like so much fun and that water looked beautiful. How fun for all the kids to be together!

Destination Davis said...

So, please tell me you are still around here???? I cannot believe you didn't call!!!!!!! I'm going to die!!!

Love and miss you, and I'd better see you soon!

Darcy said...

How fun. I wish our family was more adventurous!