Friday, December 3, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

A couple years back while living in Louisiana we watched our friends inject a turkey filled with Cajun butter sauce and then fry it in peanut oil. It was delicious! I was not sure this qualified us to be able to copy and duplicate the same, but Seth was bound and determined he could, and assigned us the job of "turkey" for the Thanksgiving feast this year.
I also would like to state for the record... my husband bought SEVEN turkeys this Thanksgiving. Every time he'd stop at the store to pick something up for me, they were "practically giving away the turkey" and he could not pass it up. Last year we had to buy a deep freezer just to HOLD all our TURKEYS because Seth has a compulsive disorder when it comes to these fine feathered friends. However, seven is a new personal record. I am not sure where he gets this turkey hoarding need from, but he declares "it is the Adams" in him. :) Can we even eat 7 turkeys before they go bad? We polished off two on Thanksgiving day!
I did not get the greatest pictures this Thanksgiving, but I think that is because we were too busy having fun to worry about pictures. :) It was a great day filled with awesome food, and more importantly, with friends that we love dearly!

Seth frying up the turkey.
Mom- notice the fire extinguisher is in sight!

After all the horror stories I heard about frying turkeys I was paranoid Seth was going to burn down our house. At one point I had to run to him and tell him I was getting in the shower and if the house did start burning down... to please come and let me know!!! ;)-

Fried to perfection...Seth did not dissappoint! That was one awesome turkey! So moist and flavorful.



We shared the day with a couple of our favorite families! After feasting, was games!


The hostess with the mostess herself... Stacee! I love this girl! :)

The kids enjoying a nice dog pile on Danny, lucky guy.
Between us all there were 6 adults, 7 kids, and 1 dog! We gobbled til we wobbled and then some. I truly am grateful to have friends that feel like family. Thanks for the great day!!

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

7! Wow! I have neve even bought one turkey. I think he may have serious problems.

Chiara said...

hahahah - awesome! Seth is nuts....but I'm impressed with his skills! ummmm, I would like a nice fried turkey right about now...tell Seth to get over here!

Cris said...

Yes, the turkey was delicious! Even I ate some and loved it and I don't like meat. :) Although I do think 7 is excessive! If you need help eating them before they go bad, you've got my number!

Thanks for letting us join you on Thanksgiving. I love you (and Stacee) to death! You're my "family" and I'm grateful for you!

~kenna

Regan said...

Our friends fried a turkey one year and it was delicious. I am to scared of burning down our house to try it, so good for Seth!