Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Years Eve

A tired grandma lovingly played Life with the boys as they waited for midnight!
Ben, Grandma, Connor, and Josh

(Go Blue Hens!.. Grandma is wearing her U. of DE sweatshirt!)

Caleb crashed about 11pm. I was not going to let Connor stay up until midnight for New Years. But I had to let him since Kimm and Ephraim felt Caleb was old enough (10) to stay up. Needless to say... he didn't even make it. Thanks for nothin! ;)

The Washburn family by nature seems to not be night owls. I think this is the first year that I have been there for New Years... where I am not the only one up to see the ball drop! :) I had to record it! Esther and Eliza made a fabulous dinner complete with hor 'doeuvres and sparkling cider. Yummm!

Besides Caleb... my husband was the only other exception of falling asleep early. However, Seth only made it until 9:30pm! He awoke when he heard us all counting down and came down stairs just in time to see the ball drop and get his New Years kiss! No sooner he was back in his bed. :)

Happy New Year 2010!!!

No comments: