Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Lesson Learned!

Before I make this post I would like to state that I am not a perfect person. (As you all well know!) That being said, I'd also like to state that although I am not perfect... I do strive to do what is right. I promise! But I am also a "what you see is what you get" kind of person. I don't pretend to be perfect. Unfortunately this is one of those times...

I think I might be in some serious trouble. Yesterday I took Eli to the hospital for a post surgery check-up. (BTW-- turned out he is doing great and is in the clear!) As I circled the parking lot for a good ten minutes, looking for any parking space within a mile radius of the hospital-- I was loosing my patience, and fast! I was going to be late because there was no stinkin' place to park! I finally saw a man walk to his truck. I quickly circled back around and waited a good 2-3 minutes for him to get situated. I had waited a couple car lengths away to politely allow him proper room to back out. But just then someone else must have spotted this truck backing out. They quickly reversed and sped around the other side of the circle, pulled up right behind the truck, and proceeded to STEAL my spot. I could not believe it! I felt like I was in an episode of Seinfeld. I clearly had been waiting for it! The person looked right at me to which I shook my head at him in disgust and just may have said out loud what an ass I thought he was! As he was halfway pulled into the spot this man gestures to me like "Were you waiting for this spot?", to which I nodded my head yes. He then (unhappily but still politely) backed out and allowed me to pull in. As he drove past me I waved gratefully, but felt rather stupid as I had just acted like such a brat when he obviously did not intentionally take my spot. Just as I was feeling quite sheepish, I saw it! The man I just may have cussed out was wearing a black shirt with a white collar. Yup, you guessed it... he was a "Father"... a priest... a holy man. Only this, would happen to me! I am pretty sure that qualifies me for a "go straight to hell, do not pass Go, do not collect $200" card. The moral of the story: Do not call 'men of cloth' bad words... you will regret it! I know I sure do!!!

8 comments:

Boud Family said...

HA HA HA HAA!!! That was totally 'laugh out loud' funny. You're right about the Seinfeld episode. That is something George would do. You should have given him a Book of Mormon.

Bill said...

hahaha - okay, I SOOOO did the same thing right after we moved here. I was following some OLD guy into the parking lot of a grocery store in Salt Lake....he was driving 1 mile an hour, I was riding his butt, and waving my arms above my head yelling "T-T-T-Today Old Man!! You shouldn't be driving!!!" Then he proceeded to take the only parking spot near the store...forcing me to park clear in no mans land. By the time I did this and got out of my car and walked up to the store he was just getting out of his car. It was Elder Maxwell. OUCH!! I vowed then that I would never again yell at old people driving slow....at least in Utah!! :)

Shasta said...

Oh my goodness....the comment that Bill left is classic. I don't know you but I am laughing my butt off right now. That is hilarious. Tiffany I wouldn't worry too much about it. It is really funny though.

Chiara said...

Dang it! Bill is not going to be happy when he sees that I commented under his account AGAIN!! Crap!!

The Silly Witch said...

You crack me up. I do stuff like that all the time. Someday, I'll grow up.

Darcy said...

That is so funny. I guess it could've been worse, right?

Bethany said...

I got a good chuckle out of this story. :)

Cris said...

HILARIOUS! :)

~kenna