Monday, September 28, 2009

Grease!

Tiff and Kenna

Taylor Hicks as the Teen Angel

A couple weeks ago I had the chance to go see Grease on Broadway with a friend. It was the first time I have ever seen a Broadway play... and I loved it! Grease has always been one of my favorite movies so when a friend asked me if I wanted to go... I was super excited! Ticket prices were a bit high and more than I wanted to pay. So my friend's hubby worked his magic and got us tickets at a great discount price! He then worked his magic again, when Seth got suddenly called out of town for work, by watching my kids (along with his other three) so that I could still go! I felt so bad and was very hesitant at first... but I think he was just glad that he didn't have to go. :)

Seeing Grease brought back many memories and made me a little nostalgic for my dad. Sound odd? But it was him, on slow Saturday afternoons, that I sang and watched Grease with. :) And that would be my biggest complaint of the whole show... that I could not get up and dance and sing along with them like I wanted to! Well, I suppose I could have... but I might have angered many people.

And to my surprise, Taylor Hicks (season 6 American Idol winner) was starring as the Teen Angel! He had an amazing voice and was perfect for the part (in my mind) because he loves to ham it up and get his groove on as he sings. After the performance was over we also had a mini Taylor Hicks showing as he sang a couple other Grease songs as well as a single from his new album. All in all, it was a great night!

We followed up on our Grease night by renting and watching Grease 2 the next week. (Which I had never seen before.) I will say it was definitely no "Grease" and I could probably live my life just fine without ever seeing it again... but it made me laugh as the lyrics to those songs are hysterical! HA!

5 comments:

Shasta said...

That is pretty cool. I can't tell you how many times I have seen grease. Doug refuses to watch it with me so I have to watch it when the girls are in bed and Doug is working late. One day I will take my girls to the show. They love musicals. I am glad you had so much fun. Grease 2 is definitely different. The words are hilarious...Reproduction still has to be my favorite though. :)

Chiara said...

FUN! I would have loved to have gone with you! LOVE musicals!

Chulitamaya said...

Musical are great, Dan and I are making our little collection grow a bit more. Shayna loves them as well. I have never been to an actually Broadway show but I did go to a couple of dinner theaters when we first got married and then again like 8 years ago. We saw Camelot and Fiddler on the Roof, it was awesome. We also love Taylor Hicks, he is a great singer.

Chulitamaya said...

OH and I also love love love Grease, I used to watch it a lot when I was a kid, I had crush on John Travolta for years :) glad that's over.

Cris said...

Love your post! I'm so glad we went together, it was so fun!

~kenna