Friday, September 11, 2009

HOTS for ARIEL!


Eli has been obsessed with Princesses and Barbies and anything 'pink' for awhile now. We are not really sure why since we have a house full of boys and boy things. Every time we go to the Dr.'s office despite the nurse's push for a Spider-man or Batman sticker... he insists on Barbie! When we go to the store and he can pick out any fruit snacks he wants... he wants Barbie or Tinkerbell! (By the way, Connor gets SO embarrassed by this and refuses to eat them!) When I took him to pick out big boy underpants... he wanted Little Mermaid and Tinkerbell. And I have to admit, I was starting to get a bit worried about my kid's sexuality.

Then Eli found a book on the bookshelf a couple days ago. A few years back my mom sent a pack of four Disney board books to the kids and one of them was this Little Mermaid one... which until now, has been relatively untouched. Eli recently found it and has spent hours looking through it. He keeps it open to the very last page where Ariel and Eric get married and are kissing. He drags it in and out of the car, all around the house, and I even woke up this morning to see he had pulled it back off his bookshelf last night, opened it to the last page and had slept with it next to his pillow like that!

Yesterday while looking at the book, Eli started saying, "That E-yie," and pointing to Eric (the prince)who is kissing Ariel. Which was then followed by "I want to kiss her, Mommy!" I tried to discourage this idea by trying to convince him she was not a princess and was in fact a fish. He didn't go for it... and only became very insulted I would say such a thing! But he must have told me a hundred times that day that he wanted to kiss her... and I was sick of it! :)

So I asked him, "How old are you Eli?"

To which he said "Free!"(three).

I then tried to explain to that three year-old that he had to wait until he was 16 to even THINK about kissing a girl.

He responded by insisting, "I SIC- TEEN, MOMMY!" The more I tried to tell him otherwise, the louder he repeated himself!

A few days previous to this he was eating a bowl of Marshmallow Mateys. Innocent enough, right? I caught him picking out two marshmallows. He pointed to one and said, "incess" (princess) and pointed to the other and said "E-yie" (Eli). Then he proceeded to roll play the two marshmallows were kissing!

Once again, I am really starting to worry about this kid... but for the exact opposite reason! He is only three and already GIRL CRAZY!!
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Tammy and Alvin said...

That is hilarious! (since it's not my kid) Whenever I play house with Miriam, she always tells me that she is 16, but her reason is so that she can drive! I'll take that any day over kissing. Good luck!

Christine said...

It must be Ariel's pretty red hair! He will grow up to be a sensitive, loving hubby. No need to worry, just let him have his little crush. :-)

Chulitamaya said...

I would be so relieved that his problem is not his manhood. Victor used to wear Shayna's clothes, her purses and shoes and I used to freak out about it. It worried me all the time, of course he has not done that in a long time. But be happy your boy likes girl.

Elizabeth said...

Hey at least it isn't Eric he is dreaming of. :)

Jennifer said...

Once a really long time ago (at least 18 years ago), his dad and his uncle, Ephraim, and lots of their friends had a sleepover. His aunt, Eliza, and I caught the boys watching The Little Mermaid, singing along to "Kiss the Girl," and pausing the movie right at the kiss part before the boat is tipped. Eli might get this obsession from his dad.

Anonymous said...

That is funny! Good luck! lol

The Silly Witch said...

SO cute! My boy loves princesses right now, too. I don't know how many times I've read Cinderella to him.

Shasta said...

I have heard that boys turn into girl haters in a few years. :) I obviously have no idea about that but when I am waiting at the bus stop, Emma used to be crowded around and now she kind of takes a back seat. It is kind of sad but now Emma has her girl friends that she hangs with, not the boys. Although there is this one boy she always talks about. :]

Shanda McKeehan said...

That's hilarious! I love that story. Will always talks about finding a girl who he can "kiss on the lips."

Anonymous said...

They are Doberman's. Both parents are registered so yea we do sell them! Great Christmas money coming up!!! lol

Scarcy Family said...

That is so funny! I wouldn't be worried about his sexuality since it is the princess he's wanting to kiss and not the prince!!! You always wanted a girl...j/k!! Watch out for those red headed girls when he's a teenager!!! SOooooo cute! Just ignore it if it really bugs you and it will go away. He could be doing worse things, right?