Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Eli Sayings

Thunderstorms:

Last night was the first rain for quite some time now. It coincided with very LOUD thunder and lightening. About 1am I hear Eli screaming bloody murder and running down the stairs as fast as he can. I go to meet him and he literally jumped into my arms. I could actually feel his body trembling with fear. I gave him big loves and told him he could come sleep with us in our bed since I knew teh storm was not going to quit anytime soon. He quickly huddled up right next to me (taking up way more than his fair share of the bed space). About a minute later he pulls the pillow out from under my head and pushes me away as he whispers, "Sorry Mom, but you're pokey." (Yes, he was referring to my leg hairs!)

Back Rub:

So the next morning Eli wakes up way too early for my liking. He is too scared to get out of the bed by himself. His game plan? To continually inflict torture on me until I get up with him. I finally told him I would get up if he would give me a quick back scratch first. He sticks his hand under my shirt and quickly pulls it out. Suddenly I feel his foot on my back.

Me: What are you doing? Don't use your foot.

Eli: I used my hand, but you had too many bumpies.

Bumpies?!? Does he mean moles? Zits? Both? I tell you... this kid is doing a wonder for my complex!!

3 comments:

Chiara said...

hahahah!! Start shaving and popping your zits then!! :)- At least your 1 year old doesn't pat your stomach and say "baby" 50 times a day!! And my three year old says, "Blah, blah, blah" when I try to talk to him....

Wanna run away?

California Washburns said...

Another reason why we don't let kids in bed with us! ;)

Iliana said...

Oh man! The stories keep getting funnier and funnier!