Thursday, June 4, 2009

Crawfish Boil... Louisiana Style!

We drove back to Louisiana last weekend for a friend's baby that was being blessed. Seth was in the circle and the blessing was very sweet. They had a big craw fish boil afterwards to celebrate in true Louisianian style! (Sticky hot with awesome company and good eats!) It was so much fun. They say a picture is worth a thousand words... so here are several thousands worth!
I think Connor enjoyed playing with the craw fish (before they were cooked) more than any other child there.

Our little friend looks like he might know what is comin' to him! :(

Dallin was pretty fascinated with the craw fish too, but his mean mom would not let him grab them like he wanted. :)

Who needs action figures? Connor was happy as can be making the craw fish fight each other.

After the little guys were cooked.

Before they were cooked.

Eli is a kid after my own heart... he wouldn't touch the craw fish with a 20 foot pole... dead or alive! He stuck to the peanuts. :)

And fell asleep trying to eat a hot dog.

Connor loved the craw fish dead as much as he did alive! Let the feasting begin!

Connor is a head sucker! You have to be a true crazy Cajun to enjoy this... most people don't. Connor on the other hand, says it is his favorite part! You can almost see the crazy in his eyes.

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I think maybe I threw up a little while looking at these pictures. Did you eat those things? Does being a head sucker mean you eat the brains or something? Well I am glad you had a good time. Looks like Connor is getting more freckles! So cute!

Shasta said...

I love crawfish. They are really good. I went a boil after I graduated from high school. It was so much fun. They go well with corn on the cob. YUM!!!! Of course, growing up in Arkansas I would know what you are talking about. Although, I was never a head sucker. It isn't that good, so I would take the remnants home to my cats!!!

Chiara said...

Where did Connor come from? Seriously, BARF! But I'm glad he enjoyed it....I'd be hanging out with sleepy Eli eating peanuts!

Tiffany W. said...

No, I did't touch those things... I have not even ever tried one like the loser I am and I have been to several boils. Just too chicken. Seth will eat them, but is not crazy about them... he mostly just thinks it is "fun". :) Connor LOVES them on the other hand and yes, a head sucker includes the brains! And yes Shasta... they had those babies buttered and seasoned and piled in with tons of corn on the cob and red potatoes. A true delicacy to most people... but unfortunately, I don't care for any seafood.

California Washburns said...

That looked like...well...ah..fun...I guess! Hangin' out with good friends is always fun...no matter what you do! Caleb would have been in his element there. I think Connor and him are kindred spirits!

Chulitamaya said...

It looks like lots of fun, I have never had Crawfish before, do they taste like shrimp? Because I love shrimp :) Glad you were able to enjoy your time with friends.

Shasta said...

They can tell they are identical because they are in the same sack and share the same placenta. If they were in separate sacks it would have been harder to tell. This will be crazy. I hope the cords don't wrap around each other.