Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!



My Father is one of the most amazing father's ever! And this day is truly a celebration of a great life! There are not many people I love as much as I love my dad. My dad stands for loyalty, integrity, hard work, perseverance, dedication, and respect. He is one of the most fun people to be around... he is not afraid to listen to his music loud... and to sing and dance along with it like nobody is watching (even when everybody is)! My dad loves sports. I have many fond memories of attending Blazer basketball games, Beaver Baseball games, and Timber soccer games with him. And did I mention that my dad always came to every single soccer game of mine... rain or shine... home or away!? Cuz he did! And lets not forget the fact that he coached my soccer and basketball teams up through 5th grade... even if it meant he had to come straight from work to the soccer field in his suit! My dad has a great sense of humor, is full of smiles and great hugs. Sometimes when life seems to be too much... I find myself wishing and thinking that all I really need... all anyone really needs... is my dad and a trip to the 7-11 to get a Big Gulp! :) I'll never forget on the day of my baby shower... my dad showed up with a bouquet of pink roses for me. That is the kind of dad I have! One semester when I was $400 short for my BYU tuition, after having worked two jobs the previous summer... and I did not know how I was going to come up with the money... I found a check tucked away in my stocking for $400 that Christmas. No IOU's, no questions asked. That is my dad. My dad has also always been a great example of faith and power in the priesthood. I love my dad... and I am eternally grateful for him! I know I screw up and often fall short of his example, but I hope he knows I adore him, I admire him, and I am proud of him. Happy 64th Birthday Dad... I love you!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Chiara said...

You DO have a great dad! I will alway remember him dancing to "Do the twist" at one of your brothers wedding!! hahahah! He is for sure the best dancer ever!! Happy Birthday Pat!!

Regan said...

Your dad is amazing. I will never forget the dancing around the jukebox and going to 7-11 with your dad. He was always so much fun. Happy Birthday to him and happy mother's day to you.

Elizabeth said...

I remember waking up many a Saturdays to your Dad rocking out and of course the signature big gulp! Happy b-day Pat!

Chulitamaya said...

Wow, you made me cry with this post. Dads are just so special to us girls. I wish I could have my dad to tell him all that, but I think he knows :) Your dad sounds like an amazing person.

Christine said...

What a sweet tribute to your father. I love the picture of you both, on your wedding day? You are such a beautiful woman! I couldn't help but notice you amazing locks on Sunday.