Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Connor's Time Trials

We have spent hundreds of dollars putting Connor in swimming lessons every summer and yet every summer we end up back at square one. Our solution? We signed the kid up for the swim team! ...and it worked! With practice 4 days a week and a meet every Saturday this kids gets LOTS of swimming in! This is a clip that was taken at their time trials before any of their real meets and only two weeks after swim team started. Make sure to note the dives... watching the little ones dive in is my favorite part! ;) Connor is not the fastest or the strongest in his age group, but because of the way his birthday falls he misses the cut off date for the six and under group by one day. He often gets discouraged because he never comes in "first", but he doesn't come in last either and considering he is the only 6 year old out there competing against all 7 and 8 year olds... we think he is AWESOME! ;) Way to go Connor!... GO STINGRAYS!

9 comments:

Sean and Candace said...

I can't believe I'm the first to comment on this amazing footage!!! Connor is such a great swimmer. It looked to me like he won the first race. Porter was very impressed and so was I. We can't wait to see you guys for the reunion!

Chulitamaya said...

That is awesome and you should feel proud of Connor, I can't even imagine having my kids swim like that some day. Tell him that we think he is a cool guy.

Katrina said...

Yea, Connor! He would totally kick my butt in a race.

Elmer said...

Way to go Connor!

Christine said...

You are such good parents...Swim team is a big commitment for everyone in the family (even cute siblings who don't want to be photographed) :-). Great job Connor!

The Silly Witch said...

Oh he is awesome for sure. He always gets to swim extra, too because someone in his age group false starts a lot. Go Connor!

Chiara said...

Geez Connor, you are a FISH!! I am so very impressed. Will you teach me how to swim? Cause I still don't know how to turn my head and breath like that.

Shanda McKeehan said...

Connor has mad skills and we have the same birthday! Coincidence? I think not. Happy Birthday tomorrow. I hope you tear it up at your swim meet on our birthday.

Elmer said...

i think you're great connor! keep it up. this is one thing i want edric to learn....swim like a fish.