Monday, October 24, 2011

The mind of a 5 year old.

I carpool with a friend of mine to preschool everyday. I drive the morning shifts; she drives the afternoon shift. It seems to work out great. I know Eli really looks forward to the car ride with his buddy.

I also look forward to this car ride and the conversations these two little five year old boys are going to have. It's hysterical! I make sure the radio is off so I can hear... and if I have been asked to put in our favorite "rocket ship" song... I make sure it is turned down low. These boys are way more entertaining than even the best children song artists!

Some of my favorite conversations/debates between these two boys have been that of what actually killed off the dinosaurs (actually this seems to be a topic of choice), what the proper name for a mother is (Mom vs Mommy), the geographical location of volcanoes, what the proper age for having a girl friend is, and to compare and contrast what their younger siblings (that are only a couple months apart) can and can't do (both of which refer to their younger sibling as "my baby"). Don't let it fool you though; there are plenty of potty words and horribly bad knock-knock jokes mixed in among it all.

Or, at least I have always enjoyed these conversations until I heard today's. It went something like this...

Eli: You're house is better than mine.

Buddy: Na-uh.

Eli: Uh huh.... You're kitchen is TOTALLY better than mine!

Buddy: Thinks about it. No comment.

WHAT?!? This kid always has an argument! Gosh dangit. It is a sad, sad day when two 5 year old boys can agree that your kitchen is less than par! :)

3 comments:

Tammy and Alvin said...

Thanks for sharing! That totally made me laugh. I don't think my 6 yr. old daughter would even think about comparing our kitchen. Although that was one of the top 3 features I was looking at when house shopping. Maybe you have a chef in the making, or just a boy who appreciates his food!

Elizabeth said...

Love it! Cameron his carpool buddy are the highlight of my morning. Way different than driving the girls. They would usually end up fighting.

Chiara said...

hahah! Your kitchen is stupid! hahaha! I love it! I love being a fly on the wall with my kids and their friends too. It's just pure comedy!