Thursday, October 21, 2010

pReSkOoL

Eli started preschool this year (we won't mention that it started almost two months ago)! He has been going three days a week and loves it!
I was worried because I had tried preschool last year with him and he cried and fought it tooth and nail... until I ended up pulling him out. I thought for sure there would be a water works show when I dropped him off for his first day of school this year. But he hopped right in and took his seat like a champ!
Then to my surprise, as I left the room... I started blubbering! That is SO not me! In fact, I am usually the one to make fun of the ladies crying as they drop their kids off at school. (Now you know!) I mean, really?!? Why act sad when you know you are all secretly happy that you get to go get that pedicure you have been wanting for the last 4 years? ;)-
But for some reason letting go was different with Eli than it was with Connor. Eli has always been my only mama's boy out of the family. I was feeling a bit nostalgic and misty eyed... until I turned the corner and they asked me for first months's tuition.
Suddenly, all was forgotten.

1st day of preschool... Dallin (2) and Eli (4).

Eli in front of his "school".

Eli is in the Green Room! He loves his two teachers and they seem to be equally smitten with him! He has not made as many friends as I would like him to, but he is learning a lot and after only a week or two he was spelling and writing his own name! Way to go buddy!

1 comment:

Chulitamaya said...

Awesome job Eli, I am glad he liked it this year and stayed for good :)