Thursday, April 8, 2010

Happy Easter!

Sunday Morning the boys woke up bright and early in anticipation of the Easter bunny!
(Yes, two of my three kids are dressed in Christmas pajamas... don't judge me! ;)


My three darling boys! Oh, how I love each one of them!


The Easter Bunny hides the baskets at our house... Connor was the last to find his this year. His basket had waterballoons, a couple baseballs, a sticker book, pencils, and Star Wars Legos. The Legos were a huge hit!

After they found their baskets they dumped out the goods only to fill them back up again with the treat filled eggs hidden outside.


When it came to the hunt Connor and Eli had no mercy on their baby brother. Poor Dallin only had two or three eggs. Which he was actually just fine with... because once he opened one... he had to eat everything out before he could move on to finding another. :)

(this pic is just because you can see conference in the background :)
I found it a bit ironic that as the rest of the world ventured out of their home for one out of two Sundays a year to go to church... we stayed home and watched church on TV for one out of two Sundays a year. :) Connor actually sat and listened to the whole Sunday morning conference (for the first time ever!) and when I quizzed him... I learned that he was in fact listening better than me!
Some friends invited us over for a delicious Easter dinner. (It was definitely worth blowing the diet over! ;) It was so nice to find ourselves surrounded by friends since distance does not allow us to share the holiday with our families.
I combed the boys hair and dressed them in Polo's and shorts for Easter dinner, but it may as well have been shackles and chains because they acted like it was TORTURE! :)
(Eli's bunny he is holding is Max-- from the cartoon Max and Ruby-- his favorite! We looked everywhere to find him one for Christmas and they did not have them. I was SO excited when I saw they had some out for Easter!)
(So I didn't exactly get the Easter picture I was hoping for...)
But we how grateful we are for this day and for the wonderful reminder that we have a Savior that Lives! We are grateful for our loving Father's plan, for the gift of eternal life, and the knowledge that there is life after death!

2 comments:

Chiara said...

Man.....how ever did they find those treat filled eggs HIDING behing those blades of grass?!?! You mean mother hiding them so well!! ;)-

I love their cute pictures all dressed up! What handsome studs!

Jennifer said...

I love their shirts! So adorable. It felt funny being in our PJs all day and not getting dressed up to go anywhere.