Monday, May 9, 2011

Good Reminder to Wash Your Hands!

Ever wondered how dirty your kids hands really are??


Check out this clean, white sock I put on Dallin's hand at the beginning of the day.

This is what it looked like come dinner time.

Yummy!


I am trying to break Dallin of the habit of thumb sucking. So I painted his thumbnail with that nasty nail polish stuff. Well, every now and again he forgets it's on there... and will start sucking his thumb. After doing so, he cries and refuses to swallow and/or shut his mouth for the next 10 minutes after he sucks it and lets all his saliva just overflow out. It really is a lovely sight... not to mention fun to clean up after. So this morning I decided to stick a sock over that hand so when he tried to suck it... he would get the sock, instead of the nasty taste. And if he took it off... well, he'd suffer the consequences! Well, to my surprise he did not resist it at all. In fact, I think he was quite relieved. He kept that sock on ALL day! But after a day of eating three meals, playing outside, coloring, and shopping at two different stores with mom... it is now quite disgustingly dirty!


SICK!

PLEASE WASH YOUR HANDS.
:)

3 comments:

Chulitamaya said...

That is really gross, I am always trying to make my kids understand how dirty their hands are and they don't get it until they get sick throwing up. Good luck trying to stop the thumb sucking my friend. you can do it!!!

The Silly Witch said...

That is very very gross. I always just wait for my kids to stop thumb sucking on their own. You'll have to keep us all posted on how the blue stuff works.

Chiara said...

hahah! I can totally relate. When marley had her cast on....I took a glove and cut the fingertips off each finger....then made her wear that everyday on her cast so she wouldn't get food, toys, dirt, etc down her cast. It was NASTY every day! I had to constantly wash it! Good luck with the thumb sucking....my dentist offered to give my 5 packs of gum if I quit. That's all it took! :)- Never sucked again!!